write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Tuesday, November 20, 2007

[Work is killing me softly, with its lack of song]

It's been getting harder and harder to manage daily life knowing all the changes that are coming. This is the first time in years that I have looked forward with such zeal to Christmas—I've got the spirit! Only now it's not the "spirit" of all the gift giving and getting and/or food making and eating, it's the spirit Doc was talking about when the Grinch’s heart grew 10 sizes. Seriously, the percentage of mushy, heartfelt thoughts to regular Alicia thoughts has greatly increased of late. I'm worried that by the time I'm supposed to be on the plane to Africa I will have already * poof * ed into a rainbow and floated away.

But, of course, my feelings of impatience and complete aggravation with the slowness of the clock at work have tempered those feelings. I've been stealing moments here and there to surf Zambia blogs, and another volunteer just sent me a Bemba guide he found so we all could start thinking about learning the language.

Nikwisa kuli icimbusu? = Where is the toilet?

The most important thing to learn in any country to begin with, I'd say.

[Seriously. Even this only took 10 minutes]

Comments: Post a Comment