write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Thursday, May 04, 2006

[Bound to feel it]

Well, now, I have had quite a damn week. A little bit out of control and way too much beer, but I gotta say, I'm still in high spirits. How can I not be when I know that next week on Wednesday I'll be done with school! Done. With. School. How damn exciting is that? I have been in school for my entire life. I've never known a fall when I wasn't starting some kind of schooling. I feel so liberated that - if I really wanted to - I could go live in a van! Hell, I could be a hobo, if I really set my mind to it.

In other news, this morning I woke up a little later than usual and was just dilly-dallying around the house when my roommate came in from outside and said, "Haven't you noticed what's going on outside?"

"Why no," says I. "No I hadn't.

Lo and behold, at least two fire trucks, police cars and emergency vehicles were blocking off my street because the house just three down from us was burning. By the time I got there the thing was a burnt-out crispy shell. The whole situation failed to make any real impression on me, except for two things which I will impart now:

1.) Though no humans were in the house at the time, a dog died in the blaze. That sincerely made me well up, and I'm not even a dog person. Well, I mean, I'm not a dog person until I see that some jackass locked their dog in the car, or left it at home by itself to die in a fire. I know it's probably not their fault, but it just seemed so sad.

2.) I can actually sleep through anything. Anything at all. I mean, I'm talking no less than six screaming sirens ending up on my tiny streets and stopping directly in front of my door, hosing out a blazing fire, and I don't stir a bit. The only thing I thought later was, "oh, so that's what that burnt smell was." What a nerd.

So, bear with me for the next few days, because I am finishing up with finals, etc.etc. and probably won't be updating much. But then I'm going to get a new computer, so perhaps I'll be updating more, whadaya say? Then I have to finish my new zine.

Speaking of zines, you should come to Mojo's coffee shop on Saturday night and watch us local yokels read from our little publications, it'll be glorious. 2849 W. Belmont, probably 7 or 8. It won't last long, but it'll be sweet, to be sure.

Comments: Post a Comment