write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Wednesday, February 22, 2006

[Oh, all right]

So, basically one of the best things I've ever been a part of just started. As I informed you, I am now writing for the Chicagoist daily, which rules. But the bonus, which I guess I didn't really even think about before, was the group of amazingly likeable and interesting people I would be conversing with because of it. Seriously, the Chicagoist staff is Team Awesome.

In other news, I just realized I don't remember the last time I had literally no crush. I'm sure it has happened before and I just can't think of it, but, in all honesty, right now is the first time in recent memory. I feel nothing romantic at all - at least nothing substantial enough to refer to as a crush (you know what I mean). It kind of blows, too, because crushes tend to distract me from the monotony and give me things to think about. Anyway, I hope my Mr. Right Now I Will Crush On You will come soon and give me something totally hopeless to yearn for. It gives me a sense of purpose in a chaotic world.

In other news, quick bites: I can't fing wait to graduate which is now officially officially this June. My brother and his girlfriend are coming to stay with me tomorrow night, which is exciting. I need to go on a road trip. I can't wait to start riding my bike again. This is the first time in a long time that I have just rambled on about my life on this blog, isn't it?

Okay, that's pretty much how it goes. I'm going to include a surveyish type thing below so you can learn some things about me other than my constant nonsense about booze, friends and how I'm going crazy. But I'll include it below because it's kind of lame, I suppose. The end.

[Cheezeball]

DISCLAIMER: These are subject to change depending on mood, psychosis, breadth of knowledge, level of hunger, etc.

4 Things

Four jobs I've had in my life:

1. Carhop at old-timey drive-in restaurant Dog n'Suds
2. Lifeguard at horrific waterpark side of Michigan's Adventure
3. Bad Waitress/Good Hostess at Michigan lakeside diner Old Channel Inn
4. Hostess/manager of all things annoying at Persian restaurant Reza's Restaurant

Four movies I can watch over and over:

1. The Godfather (1 or 2)
2. Any of the Lord of the Rings, including extended editions
3. The Shining
4. Dazed and Confused

Four places I have lived:

1. Whitehall, MI
2. Chicago, IL
3. Can I put cities I'm planning on living in?
4. Places I've visited?

Four TV shows I love to watch:

1. Law & Order
2. Any shitty dating show MTV throws my way
3. Family Guy
4. Simpsons

Four places I have been on vacation:

1. Las Vegas
2. Toronto
3. Washington, D.C.
4. New York City

Four websites I visit daily:

1. Chicagoist
2. Chicago Tribune
3. Myspace
4. Google (duh)

Four of my favorite foods:

1. Pizza rolls!! Best food on the planet
2. Booze
3. Chicken Tetrazini
4. Sushi

Four places I would rather be right now:

1. With Eric Davis at the L&L playing Jeopardy
2. Anywhere extremely warm with a totally clear sky, drinking Corona from a bucket by a lake, ocean or pool
3. Riding my bike on the LSD trail on a 70 degree day
4. Having sex with a ridiculously hot person in my high rise apartment in Manhattan in the future when I am more sophisticated

Comments: Post a Comment