write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Monday, October 24, 2005

[ego-tripping]

I am finally starting to look at things from others' perspective again, and it's pretty embarrassing. But it's good for me, you know? To realize that I am especially good at wearing people out. That it's not just the alcohol - it's my personality. I'm going through growing pains, I know, and I think I'm all right with it. It's just strange that I am always the kind of person who realizes things are going on when they are actually happening. Why can't I be like others, who learn from mistakes as they smile serenly from a high plateau, when they're all past it? I am grasping at my own heart as it beats on my sleeve, trying to move it out of the way, serving myself up for heartache and failure even as I learn and grow from the experiences. It's basically being melodramatic and too mature for my own good all at once - a strange kind of combination to have in one young body.

As far as friendships go, however, I am settling down again. It's only been a couple of weeks of my analyzing this time - isn't that better? I realize that I always have been one of Mandy's very best friends, and same with Tricia and anyone else to boot - I have been important to people, I've just been demanding the impossible...to be #1. This is a very good thing for me to realize, in case I have buried the sentiment in too much introspection. So here's that:

***

I thought I was smart
I thought I was right
I thought it better not to fight
I thought there was a virtue in always being cool
so when it came time to fight I thought I'll just step aside
and time would prove you wrong and that you would be the fool

I don't know where the sun beams end
and the star light begins it's all a mystery

Oh to fight is to defend
if it's not now then tell me
when would be the time that you would stand up and be a man
for to lose I could accept
but to surrender I just wet and regretted this moment
oh that I - I was the fool

I don't know how a man decides whats right for his own life
it's all a mystery

Cause I'm a woman not a girl
there are things you can't avoid
you have to face them when you're not prepared to face them
If I could I would

Comments: Post a Comment