write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Friday, August 19, 2005

[I shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to]

Okay, so lately there have been nothing but things that I think are ridiculously funny going on at Jimmy John's. For some reason, though, people only laugh a little at them. Jerks. So, in an effort to give you something to read whilst I finish my zine, I will actually scare you off for life with a couple of mediocre anecdotes. Enjoy!

Scenario Uno:

{Enter back room, where Alan is listening to crazy music that sounds like new age and house music had a baby}

Me: What is this music? It's making me feel like I'm at the Planetarium.
Chris: {Long pause} That.....is the DORKIEST thing you could have said right then. No, really, I can't think of anything that would be dorkier.
Me: {hysterical laughter, because it's fucking true}

Scenario A-Deux:

{Enter back room, where I am listening to NPR}

Chris: 'Oooh...I'm NPR...All I want is for there to be no more raises in taxes and Bush to stop being so dumb....Ohh'
Me: Whatev, NPR rules
Chris: 'Ooooh...I'm NPR...All I want is there to be peace in the world and for my checks to be made of cotton candy'

I'll throw in this one for good measure because I don't want to lose you.

A TALE OF A RIDICULOUS ALICIA:
Roomie Chris: Do you know what happened to my toothpaste?
Me: {embarrassed moment} Um, I dropped it in the toilet. I would have picked it out but there was pee in the toilet.
Roomie Chris: {laughs heartily}

{few moments pause while we go to the kitchen}

Roomie Chris: Alicia, did you eat my leftover macaroni and cheese that was sitting on the counter?
Alicia: {pause} {literally runs away into her room, while Chris laughs until he cannot laugh anymore}

{moments later, I emerge from my room with my backpack on so I can go to work}

Roomie Chris: Ohhhh, that was so funny. It was literally two seconds late....YOU HAVE A BRA HANGING FROM YOUR BACKPACK {we collapse on the floor laughing}


[When on EARTH does one ever even THINK of cotton candy unless you walk by it?]

Comments: Post a Comment