write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Sunday, May 01, 2005

[You didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me??]

My entire life I have believed in zombies. Yeah, the whole undead nonsense.

What the hell could ever destroy the human race faster than an untectable strain (most likely viral) that infects by mouth, blood, etc.? You're thinking of one, I'm sure, and it's already the global killer.

But what if there was something, like that, that traveled quicker? Perhaps the cells affected would be in the brain, first? Why is that so far-fetched?

Sometimes when I am feeling particularly paranoid, I will be afraid of the next train that arrives on the El. What if the next train pulled up and the plastic-coated windows were covered in blood? The driver is still going because he is fucking afraid, he doesn't know what to do. But he can't stop "Doors opening", and so they do, every stop like clockwork. He doesn't stop because he doesn't want to become one of them, but everyone was becoming one and the El windows are covered in blood and I am about to become one of them because the doors just... open. And I have nowhere to go.

Now, I know that is crazy, right? The idea of a crazy virus that spreads so quickly it would take over kill people it came in contact with in less than 3 days? That's crazy, right?

Well, of course, that's silly. It's crazy to think that there are things out there that we do not yet know, much less understand. It's crazy to think that while there have been legends and myths in every culture, there may also be some truth to those "lies". I mean, they've only stood the test of time, right? I mean, we know everything, just like we knew the earth was flat, and the sun revolved around the Earth. Hell, they killed Galileo over that biznazz years ago, right?

I am stupid for crawling into my bed each night, afraid that tonight may be the one that realizes all our Hollywood fantasies. Geez, I'm not the first person to give in to their fears.

I mean, after all, who would believe in zombies anyway?

[You modda fuckas.]

Comments: Post a Comment