write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Monday, January 10, 2005

[I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel]


Here are some quotes on individuality, conformity and wherever the twain shall meet. I occassionally pull these out when I'm feeling lonely because it makes me feel vindicated for being a loner, or maybe, in some sick my-friends-are-characters-in-books-Scrooge kind of way, makes me feel less alone. I present them to you for no other reason than I feel like it.



"He wondered ... whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic is simply a minority of one. ... The thought of being a lunatic did not greatly trouble him; the horror was that he might also be wrong." 1984 - George Orwell

"They tell you to do your thing but they don't mean it. They don't want you to do your thing, unless it happens to be their thing, too. ... Just remember what I told you. It's important. Otherwise, they murder you." The Chocolate War - Robert Cormier

"...These were the things that had come to white heat, had melted and fused within him. Their alloy was a strange, quiet feeling that made him smile at the countryside in the darkness and wonder why happiness could hurt." - Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

"To dissemble your feelings - to control your face, to do what everyone else was doing - was an instinctive reaction." 1984 - George Orwell

"Each man asked himself: Do I need anyone's approval? Does it matter? Am I tied? And for that instant each man was free - free enough to feel benevolence for every other man in the room." The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand

"Me, me, me ... Where do I come into all of this? Am I like just some animal or dog? ... Am I just to be like a clockwork orange?" A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess

"He hated to think of his own life stretching ahead of him that way, a long succession of days and nights that were fine, fine - not good, not bad, not great, not lousy, not exciting, not anything." - The Chocolate War - Robert Cormier

"Fancy thinking the Beast was something you could hunt and kill! ... You knew, didn't you? I'm part of you?" - Lord of the Flies - William Golding

"Game, my ass. Some game. If you get on the side where all the hot-shots are, then it's a game, all right - I'll admit that. But if you get on the other side ... then what's a game about it?" - Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

"But the Goober didn't know about this new feeling, the sense that bridges were burning behind him and for once in his life, he didn't care." - The Chocolate War - Robert Cormier

"But the not-self cannot have the bad, meaning they of the government and the judges and the schools cannot allow the bad because they cannot allow the self ... But I do what I do because I like to do." A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess

"He fell asleep murmuring 'Sanity is not statistical,' with the feeling that this remark contained in it a profound wisdom." - 1984 - George Orwell




[Do I dare disturb the universe? Yes, I do. I do, I think.]


Comments: Post a Comment