write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Friday, July 16, 2004

[You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get - you get away from me]

I do not think I have ever been so lazy in my entire life. This summer has had an interesting effect on me - I have indulged every stupid impulse I've wanted to. Right now it feels really good - I call it The Summer of Hedonism. I am sure I will immediately feel bad when I'm back in the swing of things, getting carried away by do do doing just like I always do. I'll feel ashamed of myself for wasting so much time, wasting away my precious youth. I know I'll feel this for a little while, like a child who feels bad for not telling on their 15 year old sibling when they sneak out at night.

But I think I'll come to my senses. I'll realize, all too quickly I'm sure, that I'll never have a summer like this again. Oh, I'm not saying there won't be amazing, gloriously free summers - I'm not foolish enough for that kind of arrogant prophesy. But I don't think I'll ever just ----- relax like this. It's different. In the end I know it will have its place in my memory as a good thing. Like taking the time to breathe. Like walking to Montrose beach for Hippie fest and dancing. Like riding my bike on the Lakeshore Path just for fun - not because I need to get somewhere. Like sitting on the roof with a beer and friends.

The effect has been good, I'm feeling rather laidback, having successfully pounded that little voice in my head telling me I have to dododdodoodddoddo into submission until the end of August. But what's beautiful about it is, well, I'm dodododdodoing things I've never really been doing before. And its nice.

I don't have the internet right now at my house which I use as my explanation for why I haven't updated in so long. We have someone coming to fix it soon, though, and I'll be back on track. Until then, Yada Yada Yada.


Comments: Post a Comment