write. type.
HOME + ARCHIVES + PHOTOS+ ABOUT + FRIENDS+ EMAIL+ BOOJWA
Apprendre de Moi

name: Alicia
age: 24
screenname: cryztalina, since 8th grade and going strong
email: randomlifeinprogress@hotmail.com
Momentary Obsessions

book: LOTR - JRR Tolkien
song: "Isala Iciibi" - John Chiti
quote: "Bufi!"
mood: Content
Go immediately

Essential Chicago news source, the Chicagoist
Chris rules the comics world
Chicago Public Radio is produced by gods
Read every day
All u c
All gapers, report to this site
Mimi Smartypants rocks my socks (off)
Rachelle B kicks ass
So does Erin Shea
The Chronic
Gone but not forgotten: Red Line Radio
Wherever the whim takes me, it takes you

Ferdy on films
Funniest Ever
Second funniest ever, from my future city
Everyone feels better after they listen to "The Entertainer"
Why I love Belmont and Clark
One of my favorite songs. You only wish I was joking.
Why the Internet is the worst sometimes
People Who Should Come To The Manor More Often

Rock Star Quality
design (c) maystar designs
Blogtown, USA
Count your own damn life
image (c) maystar designs
Your Voice Provided by
Monday, November 17, 2003

So I just realized this is my blog and I can do whatever I want with it, so I'm going to. I am going to use it as an outlet for some of this poetry that I always hold on to and don't even put in my zine because I don't want to suject anyone to it. I figure that I'm not really subjecting anyone to anything here. So it begins.

::DISCLAIMER::

If you aren't interested, stop reading. If you are slightly interested, continue. My poems are not that long. Titles of poems are in brackets.




[Why does everyone want me to stop caring?]

I'm searching for a good poem to save me
I'm looking to escape my mediocrity
Introspective writing has some perks
But mostly I need saving from that, too.

I've moved to a new state
That's constantly growing
My apathy is taking over
every corner of my world
destroying the indiginous species
and I'm dreading the day
when the kids will celebrate its coming
because I'm not really of that
kind of mind.

So before I forget
I'm building a shrine
honoring better times.




[Pavlov's Lucky Dogs]

It seems we're all just one or the other
sugars
or
salts.

If I reach for the potato chips you place before me
Will that reveal something true?

Something my conversation
wouldn't?

And if you tracked my eating habits
for just one day
would a balance leave you
feeling betrayed?

Would that tell you something
about you?

Because
You are what I eat.
(in the end.)

Does that scare you?
It scares me
Because my tears will ALWAYS be salty
even if I change
and eat sweet.

And I fear that need inside of me
unexplainable hunger
To find what
unexplainable hunger
is beating inside of you.

The bowl of chips is
sitting on the coffee table
next to a plate of cookies.

We stare, wide-eyed,
at the reflection of one another
in the TV screen.

Mom brings out 2 glasses of
Orange Tang
and
celery stalks covered in peanut butter.




[Sweet Caroline]

I'm ticklish
in a bad way.

I laugh
when I mean to cry.

And that is sort of like
me at all times.

I do what is expected
to cover what's inside.

My smile is just
a prettier place to hide.



[McUnions are Necessary]

So if I were "the man"
I wouldn't care about your time
I'd spend my days swimming
in vats of gold coins
They are shiny and
I can look in them
see the future.
Little packages
marked "M"
to speed you up
then slow you down
to fill your heart
and choke you cold
but at least your choking heart
overflowing with fried fat
and "salads" that are branded
with little white lies
won't look like mine
a big dollar sign.



Thank you, come again.

Comments: Post a Comment